Business Gifts and Hospitality
Exchanging gifts and showing hospitality is a perfectly normal part of doing business. It plays an important role in developing strong business relationships. In this area, an employee’s first obligation is to conduct himself or herself in a fair and impartial manner. He or she has a responsibility to not let gifts and business hospitality compromise, or even appear to compromise, his or her ethical standards against undue influence. This course covers the basic information that employees and managers need to know about gift and hospitality issues. It provides practical information, advice, tips, and a character connection.
- Know the ethical responsibilities for appropriately giving or receiving gifts and hospitality.
- Know the basic guidelines for giving and receiving gifts.
- Identify appropriate and inappropriate gifts.
- Deal appropriately with gifts from suppliers.
- Identify unusual gifts, entertainment, and preferred treatment.
- Understand cultural and international gift exchange issues.
Reduce compliance related issues, build understanding of ethics & compliance content and issues, and support an ethical culture in the workplace.