Bullying, Harassment & Discrimination in Healthcare
- Aged Care Quality Standards ACQS 6, 7
- National Standards for Disability Services NSDS 1, 4, 6
In this module, we will discuss the responsibilities of you and your employer in providing a workplace that is free of bullying, harassment and discrimination. We will look at what constitutes discrimination and what does not, your expected behaviour in the workplace, what workplace bullying is and the laws around sexual harassment. We will also discuss the procedure for reporting any incidents.
In this course the following areas will be covered:
- What is bullying and your obligations
- What is discrimination and what is not
- Sexual harassment in the workplace
- What is expected of your behaviour
- The reporting process, in the event of an incident
Bullying, harassment and discrimination in the workplace can lead to serious outcomes. As a business there is a legal responsibility as well as a duty of care to ensure all staff are regularly trained in these topics and that they are aware of the reporting procedures in the event of an incident.
Participants will be able to…
- Understand the behaviour expected of them in the workplace
- State that bullying and harassment are against the law
- Recognise the various forms of discrimination
- Identify some interactions that may not be discriminatory
- Be aware of the reporting procedures and requirements
This course was part of a suite that won a 2019 Platinum LearnX Live! Award.