Blasting Area Safety creates an awareness of the activities that occur in a blasting area and describes the procedures of a typical blast sequence. This course is not designed for blasters or their crew, but is aimed at the other personnel that might be near a blasting site. The hazards of the site are discussed with the emphasis placed on flyrock, which is any material that travels beyond the boundary of the established blast area. The balance of the course discusses precautions taken at the site by the blaster-in-charge and the blasting crew, as well as precautions that non-blasting personnel should take.
- Describe key terms used in blasting
- Summarize important information about flyrock and other site
- Hazards associated with blasting
- Specify general and personal precautions that reduce risk
- Associated with blasting areas