If you work with biological materials, it is quite possible that you will produce hazardous waste. What types of hazardous waste might you produce? The obvious answer is biohazardous, or medical, waste. But if you are like a lot of people who work with biological materials, you may also work with or around other hazardous chemicals and radioactive materials, which wind up as waste too. Ideal learners are workers who may be exposed to biohazardous waste.
- Give a definition of hazardous waste
- Describe your role in the hazardous waste management process
- Discuss strategies and practices for hazardous waste minimization
- List three methods of hazardous waste disposal
- State what to do in the event that you find an unknown waste